Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eye Of The Sun

Tuesday at noon, it was about 60 degrees, the sun was warm and above me the clouds were whirling around in tiny curls like sand in a tidal pool. Every cubic foot of cloud was twisting and turning. I snapped this photo while the sun was momentarily shrouded.

Sun Through Thin Clouds
I'm guessing the strange pinkish coloration is due to the way my camera's sensor handled the huge range of light, although there can occasionally be rainbow effects with diffuse clouds. It reminds of some of the nebula photos I've seen:

Cat’s Eye Nebula (NGC 6543)

Credit: NASA, ESA, HEIC, and The Hubble Heritage Team (STScI/AURA). Acknowledgment: R. Corradi (Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes, Spain) and Z. Tsvetanov(NASA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.