Friday, January 21, 2011

Anti-Cold Break Continued

I got 9 hours of sleep last night, after 10 hours the night before, to try to squash a cold before it gains a foothold.

I feel fine, but earlier this week I could tell my body was fighting something again, and I felt a touch of tenderness in the throat. I think another good night's sleep and I'll be good. No running since Tuesday, and I likely won't until Sunday, and it may be something mellow and close to home. Possible partial ski day one of the two weekend days.

I don't know about others, but with me, colds tend to follow a pattern: a run-down feeling, optional sore throat (by which time the game is up), and then an extremely variable number of days of head and chest congestion. I can sometimes cut the aftermath in half by taking it easy during the early stages of the cold. If the cold does not move into my head immediately after the first wave, I know I'll be OK.

The initial stages I don't mind as much because they are limited. However, days or even a couple of weeks of congestion afterwards is very trying, and I try to avoid it if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.