Monday, August 1, 2011

Activity Summary - July 2011

This was a moderate month and although I'd like to have gotten in some more running it was largely satisfying, because I started to get some high peak outings into the mix and that's really my goal for summers. I had a spectacular run to Crater Lake, which makes the season in itself.

The clock is ticking on summer and still no races planned, although I kind of regret not running Mount Falcon since I could wake up at 7:30 and still make the start ;) I could have gotten trounced by this guy even if he went off-course and ran Red Rocks also. But since I haven't raced since 2009, and that was roughly race number five in my whole life, it's obviously not a priority.

Run
  • Count: 14
  • Distance: 132.07
  • Time: 37:20
  • Elevation Gain: 24,956 feet
  • Avg Speed: 3.5
  • Avg HR: 128
  • Median Elevation Gain: 1,444 feet
Bike
  • Count: 4
  • Distance: 23.11
  • Time: 3:53:33
  • Elevation Gain: 2,465 feet
  • Avg Speed: 5.9
I've decided I need to move my days earlier, for a lot of reasons, only one of which is being able to run when it's not stinking hot.

I'm going to map out the remaining weekends of the summer regarding vacation and outings. As far as 14ers go, I have run every peak within a few hours so it's off to the Sangre de Cristo Range next. The Elks are going to be tough because I just never go over that way except for in passing. I will run in the San Juans towards the end of the month.

I don't have a hitch or a bike rack and I don't want to get the back of the car all grimy, so I've kept the rides local so far. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a hitch so I can reach beyond the home range for bike rides.

3 comments:

  1. Once you get a hitch I would recommend a Tule T2- you are welcome to borrow mine to test it out if you'd like!

    can't wait to see your posts on the San Juans. I love those mtns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WildChildT - Thanks for the offer. I like the looks of that bike rack, but hopefully I have a hand-me-down coming my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what do you know, I ended up getting the T2.

    It's pricey (!) and that really was not my intention, but my bike can't fit on any of the arm-style racks, and the T2 is certainly solid.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.