Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lazy Saturday

I really worked the tendons in my right knee on my run Friday, by playing with my foot landing on the 8-miler over South Table Mountain. Nothing serious, just put more tension on them and they were pretty sore on Saturday. I won't be doing that again.

Went up to Boulder an hour before the farmer's market closed, bought some coffee, got some pork spring rolls as a snack, ate lunch on the grass. Did two walks: one from the market, one after a later lunch.

Boulder Creek

I was a wary of intense exercise because I knew I was doing a long run on Sunday, in fact I was wondering if it was a good idea. But the soreness slowly eased as the day went on, and Sunday morning it was pretty much gone.

Bear Canyon trailhead




Just a good summer day of relaxing.

Took the bike out with the Mavic Razor shoes late in the day, just a short spin uphill and back. They felt good riding, but don't quite lock in the right heel as much as I'd like when walking. My right heel is a bit more vertical on the back, so it doesn't always fit into the heel pocket of shoes. Annoying. I like the snug fit of the Shimano 087, but the "tread" seems like a bad joke. But, I figure I just need to stop messing around and get some miles in on some shoes already!

Need to schedule the trailer hitch install so I can travel.

2 comments:

  1. hey wait - you can park at that trailhead for FREE? Don't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ - Very funny. Um... sort of.

    BTW this should be called the Southern Sun Trailhead.

    I found I didn't have to fill my shoes with newspaper when I was done to dry them, they just dried on their own. Odd.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.