Sunday, October 30, 2011

Activity Summary - October 2011

I won't be running over the next few days, so it's time for an October summary.

I may have only run 25% of the time lately, but between a run at Golden Gate, the Maroon Bells, GZ's 100-mile race, the Basic and a fun run with T, it was a great month. That's some damned good quality right there :)

Running
  • Count: 8
  • Distance: 92 miles
  • Time: 31:54
  • Elevation Gain: 19,697 feet
Riding
  • Count: 4
  • Distance: 48 miles
  • Time: 7:46
  • Elevation Gain: 3,173 feet
Once again, the vertical is silly because of the type of thing I've been running on weekends. So, I almost ran up Mount McKinley from sea level in 8 runs (actually 6, because two runs were flat). Good grief.

Last week I had my first run in two months where I didn't have knee pain after two days. That's a good sign, and if it continues, I may dabble in an extra run during the week to see how it goes. But the fact is, my body could not handle 4-6 workouts per week, and I'm still healing from its effects. In the end I'm more concerned with the longevity of my active life rather than its intensity. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for one of those runs being FLAT.

    Glad to hear the knee is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ - Thanks. I think I'd prefer a broken bone that just heals, rather than something that is irritated every time I head out.

    Your flat run had summits of a figurative nature.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.