Saturday, October 8, 2011

Snow, Calves, Weekend

I awoke to drizzle near my house and snow on Green Mountain in Lakewood, a mere few hundred feet higher. It may be a squat brown hill, but it behaves like a mountain, catching snow and thunderstorms.

I parked my car up there and started a walk, but my shoes were getting soaked -- time for the wool socks!


I also spotted Cujo and his owner coming down, and at about 1/10 of a mile away the dog came to alert when it saw me -- a walker on a popular public trail -- as if I were a bear or a burglar. I turned around, because I was cold and needed to get going anyway. He probably thought nobody else would be out in this weather.

I spent all week working on the inside middle of my left calf, and I only got down about a 1/2 inch. Some of it produced a stinging sensation as I worked it sideways, gradually softening it (over days). There's still a ton of tight muscle in there, so it may take an entire month to loosen both calves! What the heck have I been running with, if so much of it is firm and less elastic?

Not up on the Ironman races/athletes, but I'll be interested to see how the Slickrock 100 turns out. Also happening this weekend, a traverse.

I'm heading west again for a long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. i hate irresponsible dog owners. that behavior is not ok....

    I am excited about the weather. I would have been out in it running if I didn't have to work, dang it.

    Hope your leg gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WildChildT - Yeah, the snow will be a fun change. The meadows around Green were a bit muddy, but that's just the way they are. The higher elevation trails with granite sand would have been fine.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.