Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So Long, Steve Jobs

Today brought the sad news of the passing of Steve Jobs, a man who drove the development so many things that have made peoples' lives more enjoyable and better.

My first computer was a Mac, and at the time I despised Windows (3.1) due to its then-obtuse OS and its abysmal handling of desktop publishing. Along the way I've worked on NeXT, enjoyed the immensely creative work of Pixar, bought music on iTunes, enjoyed the iPod and iPhone, and although I make my living on Windows now and enjoy that OS too, I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro running Windows. lol.

J.P. has this post of a Standford commencement address by Jobs a few years ago, and it's wonderful for many reasons.

So long, Steve, the world will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.