Tuesday, April 10, 2012

White Ranch Monday

I'm already running again, after wondering if I'd broken my toe on Friday.

I wasn't planning to do anything but walk or hike on Monday, but we got off work early after completing a significant milestone. And although the stubbed toe is sore, it wasn't fractured and it feels fine as long as it's in a protective and roomy shoe (Altra Lone Peak).

Distance was 8.48 miles, time 2:13 (moving 1:45), elevation gain/loss 1,571 feet.


In the back left below are the Ralston Buttes, and somewhere in that valley is Ralston Creek, which eventually forms the wide basin containing the bike path I run on occasionally.

There are tiny horses on the green flats in the middle.


This park has more Pasque Flowers than any other place I run. For such a solitary bloom, this is a huge crowd:



I tried to take some photos of myself that looked a little less posed than basic mugging for the camera.


Since I didn't think I'd be running I didn't have a bottle, so that's water from the store, and in the other hand... bear spray.


1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for you to say you had bear for dinner ;-) Glad you were able to run on the gimpy toe!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.