Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Saturday Loveland Quick Stop

CO needs snow! The spoiled Coloradan in me says Saturday was pretty lame. It had nothing to do with Loveland Ski Area, but with the paltry snowfall that has left the best trails closed or cursed by rocks lurking just beneath the surface. I did a couple of laps in the harsh wind on groomers, arcing GS turns, then left.

Distance was 9.95 miles, time 1:50 (moving 1:11), elevation gain/loss 5,315 feet, avg. speed 5.4 mph, and max speed 37.0 mph.

This is the wind-buffeted top of Chair 8:


Scenery was great as always.




I headed over to Dillon and Frisco for lunch and some gear shopping. I'm looking for a lightweight down layer and some other stuff. Good beer and nice sunny dining room at Backcountry. The Telemark IPA was very good, food was OK. It's not The Sun.

Along Dillon Reservoir:


The large gumdrop-shaped hulk on the left is Buffalo Mountain, which I partially ascended last summer. I will be back to finish the job!

There were some cool clouds near sunset back home.


At Red Rocks Community College. I like the colors, and the way the line of the clouds interact with the roof of the building:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.