Monday, February 11, 2013

Last Week: Crown Hill, Clear Creek

Just some minor weekday stuff from last week.

A short after work run around Crown Hill Lake, racing against the "1 hour after sunset" park closing cutoff. It was only a couple of laps but was a good workout because I don't usually run that fast (dipping below 7:00 pace, which is nearly unprecedented for me on flats). Of course I still took breaks to take pictures like these crazy clouds:



Another lunch run (third ever) at Clear Creek, where I saw this box top as I was cutting across a stretch of grass:


The strange thing is we had a box exactly like it in our basement growing up, it's from the 70s or 80s, and I'd never seen another like it. If I were superstitious, I'd read something into it. Instead, I took it over to the trash bin.


Great tall cottonwoods:

2 comments:

  1. "The strange thing is we had a box exactly like it in our basement growing up, it's from the 70s or 80s, and I'd never seen another like it. If I were superstitious, I'd read something into it. Instead, I took it over to the trash bin."

    Interesting, because your Mom *found* the same box in a different trash bin in the '70s! You should have written winning sports teams of the '80s on the box.

    Or maybe my imagination is just running a bit wild regarding time travel portals after just having watched the movie "Looper."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike - I guess if she had access to time travel, it goes without saying she'd be able to remove the tape and restore it to new condition many years ago. Makes perfect sense. Or maybe a time-traveling Spock cleaned it up (Star Trek [2009], which I just finished watching).

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.