Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Work Week

I've temporarily given up on keeping up my average per run, so that I can simply get out and run without a hour-and-a-half (at least) commitment. I've realized that regular running sessions are necessary to my health, mental and otherwise, and I need to do it often regardless of whether it meets some arbitrary standard -- although I do like running for a couple of hours if I have the choice. Even a short run is a loosen-up outing to relax, and to keep the shoulders loose (computer work can mess that up).



I also did a very rare (for me, second time only) workday lunchtime run last week. It was windy, and I didn't really relish running in the evening with a whipping wind, without the warmth of sunshine. I also get tired of the dark, and I've trying to sleep in mornings.




There was an evening Ralston Creek run:



Green Mountain area in Lakewood at night. I didn't actually run in the park, but took a picture towards the mountain:



4 runs, 15 miles. It's something.

2 comments:

  1. Is the copyright on the pix a new thing? I don't recall seeing it before but it might have just caught my eye.

    Mile averages will climb come the summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ - I started the copyright thing mid-year or so. It's partly transparent, so it gets lost on photos with detail, but shows up more on the night shots I've been doing lately.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.