Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Local Ride

I let my running legs and feet rest today, and did a short ride with a time limit, on streets and trails in the neighborhood. I made it up to the mountain and pushed my bike uphill so I could ride down the spine of one of the ridges. A short stretch of incline on otherwise sedate outing.

Clouds were the subject today. Well, they are most days, but especially today.




A while back I speculated that these tracks were caused by one of these pups, and today I saw a young coyote at dusk trotting downhill for dinner, and I would bet money it was one of those scrawny pups. It's strange getting to know certain wild animals; otherwise, wildlife tends to become an anonymous crowd, where each animal is interchangeable. I find it fascinating when it's not like that.

Distance was 8.03 miles, time 1:02 (moving 55:54), elevation gain/loss 829 feet, avg. speed 7.7 mph, and max speed 24.6 mph.

1 comment:

  1. I ran at Deer Creek yesterday and to occupy my mind (and get if off the mountain lion warnings - yikes), I watched those crazy clouds. I agree, they were fascinating how they constantly changed form.

    I keep seeing large animal prints in the snow. I kept praying they were from a dog and not the lion. I have a huge fear of seeing a mt. lion when I'm out there alone. I really don't relish being lunch for one. I run into coyote at CC Park a lot, they are always harmless but one instance I was cornered by 3 on a trail and that was a tad freaky. I tiptoed backwards, then ran a PR on that trail when they were out of sight.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.