Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Bear Creek Lake Park Run

A hot and buggy lap around the lake. Monday's run was in the mosquito-inflicted Bear Creek basin and around Bear Creek Lake. There's also something in the air that's driving my nose and eyes crazy; it may be the Russian Olives, which are blooming right now. Either way, this run was a lot of itching and sweating. This is uncharacteristic, since Colorado usually makes me feel like I am in a bug-less, allergy-less paradise.

However, better to itch and sweat in a beautiful park next to the Rocky Mountains, than on concrete paths or sidewalks. I can't complain too much.





Distance was 8.46 miles, time 1:55 (moving 1:37), elevation gain/loss 385 feet, avg. pace 13:42 (moving 11:30), and best pace 8:04.

I ran in the Altra Superiors again. Still a little loose, and I noticed some of the plastic wrap scrapes my calf if I happen to let my heel hit the opposing leg. However, I just laced them up tighter and they kept on humming. I can trim the plastic if I need to. May remove the strings on the sides; the last thing I need is one more thing to catch on a stray branch. However, I like the feel and ride of these shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Pics awesome and the write up is great. would love to have the mountains in my backyard. Rock it.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.