Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Chatfield 1-Lap Run

A good run, kept up with calories and water, felt twinges of foot, hip and knee pain towards the end, but nothing unusual for running a decent number of miles. This is the last weekend Chatfield will have running water available, so I wanted to take advantage.

'Tis the season for colorful poison ivy -- everywhere:










Passing train wheels on an almost endless coal train:




A stretch of the bike path on the east side is blocked off for construction, so I took off onto singletrack and decided to just run along the shore for a while.






Distance was 15.88 miles, time 3:26 (moving 2:45), elevation gain/loss 296 feet, avg. pace 12:59 (moving 10:25), and best pace 6:44.

3 comments:

  1. I found you through Objectivist-Oriented Blogs. And I'm totally enamoured, if only with this post. I shall, indeed, return for more. And that, fellow blogger, is a sincere compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I just read your blurb on politics. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, appreciate the kind words. There's a bunch of other good outdoor/photo stuff (most but not all running) mixed in to my links on the right side.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.