Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Green Mtn Lakewood Run

It was a hazy day, with cold-weather inversion. I did some work and headed out at the last minute, with about 30 minutes left before sundown. Looking over towards Golden:



There was another runner going the opposite direction on the upper loop, and we passed a couple of times. Other than that, nobody was up here. Their loss.


The Great Plains stretches out to the east:


As I stopped to take this picture, a second runner passed me with a headlamp, and disappeared into the evening. I know these trails by heart, yet I have no idea where he went.


Distance was 6.28 miles, time 1:27 (moving 1:13), elevation gain/loss 1,014 feet, avg. pace 13:51 (moving 11:42), and best pace 7:53.

3 comments:

  1. Mike - You mean you ran during the Sacred Hours of Morning Coffee?? Say it ain't so. Then again, I've been reluctantly doing some mornings, simply because otherwise I might never see the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... so, how did you find the local hill? I actually have more fun on the neighborhood social trails on the north/east. I only start at the parking lots a couple of times per year.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.