Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Clear Creek Runs

I took advantage of the nice weather and got out at lunch for a quick 4 miles. I don't often break 9-minute pace for an entire run, but I did today. Perhaps I had Meb lifting my heels. No photos, I was busy.

After work, I ran mostly on paved bike paths, because -- unknown to me -- it had apparently rained this afternoon, and I didn't want to run through muddy muck on dirt trails. Therefore I drove home through Golden and jogged on paths.

Gravel trail right below US 6 in Clear Creek Canyon:


Water is getting noticeably higher in Clear Creek:


I'm not sure why I never realized this, but there is a path to climbing sites in the canyon along US 6. I ran up this trail today, then along the base of the cliffs until I got to what was obviously the main climbing area. Always fun to find a new trail. I think it's an old water canal.


Looking back east, you'd never know there was a large town at the end of the valley:


See the small white wreck to the lower left of center? That's a car. The road is several hundred feet up:


Noon run distance was 4.07 miles, time 36:35 (moving 36:17), elevation gain/loss 64 feet, avg. pace 8:59 (moving 8:54), and best pace 7:45.

Evening run distance was 4.03 miles, time 54:50 (moving 51:14), elevation gain/loss 269 feet, avg. pace 13:37 (moving 12:43), and best pace 6:32.

1 comment:

  1. Two great runs, finding new trails is always awesome. Keep up the good work, keep in posting the great pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments civil and refrain from personal attacks, which will not be tolerated. Thanks!

Spam will be deleted. Don't even try.